Once again, we will be awarding the Taschner-Doherty Scholarship to a deserving student.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $3,000.00
This scholarship has been offered by the Doherty family of Sarasota Florida in memory of Joean Doherty and her parents, Joseph and Jean Taschner. Joe was a long-time member of Indian Hill Country Club before his passing in 1989. Joe, Jean and Joean truly loved the game of golf and were supporters of junior golf here in Newington. Joean and her husband Bill Doherty began the scholarship fund in 1996 to honor her parents and continue their support for junior golf.
TERM OF THE SCHOLARSHIP: School year beginning fall 2024
- Full Time Student
- Need not be entering freshman year
- One of the Following categories: Son, Daughter or Grandchild of an IHCC Member, Employee of IHCC or IHCC Pro Shop, or Caddie at IHCC.
Grades or financial need are not the determining factors for the scholarship, but rather golf and good citizenship. If you are interested in applying for the Taschner-Doherty Scholarship, please forward the following information to the attention of David Craig, c/o Indian Hill Country Club 111 Golf Street, Newington, CT. 06111
Due to the IHCC office by June 1, 2024
- Name, Address and Phone Number of Candidate
- 2023/2024 First Semester Grades, or 2023 Grade Point Average
- Detail of Community Service & Qualifications that deem the candidate worthy
- Two letters of recommendation (From School or IHCC Members)
- Indicate which of the Following categories describes you:
- Son, Daughter or Grandchild of an IHCC Member (include that Member’s Name)
- Employee of IHCC or the IHCC Pro Shop
- Caddie at IHCC